- 1 cup of sweet cream (must be cool)
- 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- handful of candied orange rind
- a large handful of shaved almonds
- 2 teaspoons of rum
This is a dessert with a long history in the city of Gdansk. It was originally served as far back as the 18th century and it was typically enjoyed by the upper classes who enjoyed its sophisticated ingredients and flavors. The dessert survives in the region’s traditions today and is considered a local favorite.
To make the dessert….
- Pour the cup of sweet cream into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Add in the powdered sugar and whisk with an electric blender. This should turn into a thick, whipped cream when finished.
- Place the whipped cream in the fridge for an hour to cool.
- Remove the whipped cream from the fridge after it has set for an hour.
- Add in the 2 teaspoons of rum and give it a stir.
- Finally, toss the almonds into the cream. The almonds must be cooled. Save a few for a garnish.
- Transfer the cream into a serving glass.
- Toss the roasted almonds and candied orange rind on top as a garnish.
- Grab a spoon and enjoy!